New Disciplinarian Tough On Roster Infractions

Post your articles that are not specific to any team

Moderator: Co-commish

Brian-Tampa

New Disciplinarian Tough On Roster Infractions

Post by Brian-Tampa » July 26th, 2019, 7:41 pm

The leagues no roster disciplinarian handed out his first penalties this week to teams who were warned about roster violations. After giving warnings to Boston, Carolina, Chicago and New Jersey for violating the Farm Salary cap, only one team chose to heed it.. New Jersey worked diligently to fix his roster thru savvy roster moves. New Jersey moved Lyle Odelein, who was not going to get much playing time on the Devils, along with a 1st and Sergei Brylin to Phoenix for Sean Gagnon and Ian Laperriere in a cap clearing move. New Jersey was not done there, sending John Madden to Calgary.

Boston, Carolina and Chicago chose to see what, if any, penalties were handed out, and they each lost one of their start players to a one game suspension.

When reached by phone for comment, Brian S. stated that teams who break the rules, can look forward to this sort of discipline. It could be in the form of a player suspension, a monetary fine, or a combination of things. He said he would be watching closely for those who think they can slip one past him.

Two teams suffered a similar penalty when it was discovered they were illegally double shifting multiple players. Edmonton lost Steve Yzerman for a game and the NY Rangers lost Sergei Federov for a game.

I take this position very seriously. I will be out to enforce the rules to the best of my ability, and to prevent that from happening again. I also urge you to watch your lines after you make a trade. In the past sometimes that has caused issues with shifting and players being placed on the farm inadvertently. If this happens to you, please contact me immediately so that I can make sure that you do not get penalized.

oilersgm

Re: New Disciplinarian Tough On Roster Infractions

Post by oilersgm » July 28th, 2019, 12:19 am

Glad to see the tough approach!